"We're the backbone of the teams that build innovative systems and experiences."
The primary function of the Research Coordinator is to supervise and manage approximately 1-2 dozen small trials in progress at any one time is to collect biometric data from subjects using wearable research devices and a phone-based application. The candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to effectively obtain informed consent for low risk and non-invasive protocols in generally healthy adults. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are needed to effectively capture and label data sets. Some data may be gathered in hospital settings, research labs, exercise labs, or outdoors. Must be able to consistently follow developed protocols and master basic device troubleshooting. Comfort or experience interacting with medical personnel is highly desirable, but not mandatory. This position reports to the Director of Science and Medicine (an MD).
- Sufficient math background to understand and implement study size and throughput calculations, and to set and keep study enrollment schedules
- Sufficient organizational tool experience (Excel, Word) to generate reports to the Company on study stage and progress
- Comfortable executing data queries and analysis scripts from a terminal
- Experience generating clear reports; especially sending batch reports to stakeholders describing the status of studies
- Excellent communication skills to describe possible solutions to medical, technical, and product stakeholders
- Creative problem solving
- Experience with human research in a lab setting